Matt is Not Funny and Gets Dominoed

If anything my younger brother Matt is a more thorough and dedicated joker than I myself am. Most of the time that means that when we were together it was a back and forth comedy chain reaction of increasing hijinks and hilarity. That was unless Matt had decided to point his not insubstantial comedy mentus at the girl I was trying to date. Then I was stuck trying to either not laugh  at what was obviously funny or trying to defend her idiosyncratic behavior so that she would still be predisposed for a little cuddle action later on. Anyone who has ever endured a mixing of friend scenario knows exactly what I am talking about. You like them all for different reasons but somehow it slips your mind that they have incompatible tastes, religion, politics, or whatever and you spend the night trying to present mutually inoffensive topics of conversation. It is gut wrenching fun for no one. This time my brother and his girlfriend had been invited over to my girlfriend's house for a game of dominoes and I thought that would be fine because I forgot that my girlfriend and brother both tend to speak their minds and then defend their positions. It started out okay for a little while until she said something and he made fun of her and then she got defensive and he made more fun of her and then his date and I got uncomfortable and were looking around considering our futility, in just a few minutes our evening had devolved into a girl shouting and boy laughing and mocking party and it ended abruptly when my girlfriend decided the best way to wrap this conflict up was to grab a handful of dominoes and throw them with all her force the three feet across the table at my brother's still laughing face. He called he some sort of name and said he was leaving, he did. I tried to run a little anger containment and damage control after he was gone and let her fume for a bit about how my brother was right out of line. I didn't think he was the one who crossed the line but he also didn't have the potential for sweet kisses and completely in line with my exemplary moral fiber I told her what she wanted to hear.  I went home later and told my brother what he wanted to hear and they got along from there on out by not talking to each other too much and by a twist of fate are the ones still in contact all these years later.