I Beat My Rival To Be On Varsity

My first few tournaments I was on the JV squad and I wanted to be on varsity so I had to beat a varsity wrestler. I couldn't even come close to beating the guy at my real weight and the next weight up was also tricky so I went up two weight classes to wrestle for varsity. The kid was not as good and he was the one who was dating my ex-girlfriend that I had made fun of after the pin myself incident. He was a bit of a jerk to her and she had called me onetime to talk about how she wanted to break up with him but she was scared of him. I had helped her work up a plan that she had ultimately backed out of but he had heard that I was in on the deal and there was some bad blood. We had no practice on the days that we were wrestling for promotion and everyone was supposed to sit and watch even if they were not wrestling. My opponent and I were almost in the middle so it had been about a nervous hour of fidgeting when we were called up. I was really nervous when we were lined up and the coach that was reffing whistled us to start. I was taken down and that was the end of the nerves and the start of the battle. He got around and took my back and it felt like he was trying to push my head under my armpit. To gain leverage he laced both of his legs over the top of mine. It seemed to me that my best option for escape was to stand up with him in this piggy back position and jump backwards onto him. That was a good plan save for one little niggle, it was evidently illegal to slam someone down from that height. I was also trapping his hands so that he had no way of breaking our combined fall and I landed with all of my weight on his chest. The coach hadn't stopped me in time because he thought I knew the rules and he quickly pulled me off of my opponent as he tried to help him get his wind back and there was a general murmur of of disapproval. One of the old timer kid asked me what the hell was I doing, that move was illegal, I mentioned that I was not aware of that and no one cared. After about half a minute he was back to breathing smoothly and sitting up and the coach was asking if he wanted to keep fighting. He said yes and was given a few more minutes to recover. When we were restarted in a neutral standing position and my rival was really pissed. At the whistle he came running at me. More by shock than by training I was perfectly like water and effortlessly caught his charge locked my hands around his head and behind his knee in a standing cradle, rolled back and pinned him. Most of the room had not been paying attention and most of the other guys were pretty surprised to see the match was over, by fall no less. That meant I was the varsity wrestler at my weight class for at least the next four meets until we had another wrestle off for position. I was thinking this is what I wanted but all of the sudden it hit me that I would have to wrestle prime time wrestlers in front of the small but larger crowds at varsity meets. Oops.