I Need Gift Shoes and Fighting Underwear

My parents had been most reluctant to have me participate in sports it was only by my persistent and focused effort that I had played city league and church basketball. I played soccer for one season when I was 10 and then my dad said I couldn't do that anymore because it occupied too much of my mom's time to drive me around to all the practices and games. This was not strictly true because the practices and games were at my school and I walked to almost all of them. He didn't let me try out for or play foot ball because he said it was too much of a drain on the family's time. I made the soccer team my Junior year and my dad told me I had to choose to play on the soccer team or to have a car because if I didn't work with him I wouldn't get to use the car. I chose car. When it came to wrestling I decided I was just going to do it and drove myself and paid for stuff myself. I didn't want to spend money on shoes and I didn't know where to buy them any way so I had been practicing in socks for a couple of weeks when a kid, as I mentioned before, gave me a pair of his old ones. I had to pay for my own physical and I borrowed an old pair of fighting underwear from the wrestling supply room. There is a strange protocol surrounding fighting underwear that I didn't know. You don't wear it for practice and you keep it covered up even when you are about to wrestle and then at the last second like you are ashamed of it you whip off your sweats and then wrestle and after you lose you put them back on just as quickly. To wrestle you must also have a pair of ear goggles which I was gifted as well. With my makeshift gear I was ready to roll and roll I did.