I Lose at Debate and Win at Kissing

A few weeks later we were at another big tournament and we were doing the usual debate and wait cycle and in the waits I had been flirting with a cute redhead from parts unknown. I had been trying to find her and talk to her between every round but because she was doing drama and speech events we only saw each other a couple of fleeting times. As we finished the awards show and I was in the quarter finals round I went with my coach to send most of the other kids home and while we were walking back the red headed girl was walking purposely down the empty hall toward my coach and I. She walked right up and stopped in front of me and asked if she could ask me something. I said sure and my coach just stopped and waited. She bet me a quarter that she could kiss me without touching my lips, I was confused but I played along. She leaned in and kissed me right on the lips and then handed me a quarter and said, “I lose”. As I stood there in shock she walked passed me and away and wished me luck in the last three rounds. I stood looking at the quarter and smiling for a long half-second when my coach asked if she had really just kissed me. I said she had indeed. He shook his head in disbelief and then called me a lucky son of a bitch. I went on to debate for the after hours final rounds. I won the first one and went on to the semi finals and then lost for the first time all year. When you lose in after hours final rounds they just hand you the trophy and send you away. When we got in the suburban for the ride home with the six other kids who had stayed to watch my coach told them about the cute stranger that had bet me and won a kissing game. I was so happy about getting kissed that I didn't even really mind that I lost. Anyone who knows a debater knows that they have never truly ever lost a single round of debate, the judges may have been too stupid to under stand the subtle and esoteric arguments that were clearly superior but never was a debater bested objectively.
This is the actual kissing-quarter still taped to the back of my trophy from the Western States Forensics Championship