Taller if You Stretch


 Both Justin and Ryan were not very tall but one day Ryan showed me his plan for a remedy. He had rigged a weight to the end of a rope and had set it up so he could tie one end to his feet while he slept and hand the weight off the end of the bed. He had heard that this would make you taller. It did not. I know, because after I saw his ingenious contraption I went home and made myself one. I didn't have any weights so I had to use a brick which I put the rope through and tied to my ankle. It was uncomfortable but it was going to be worth it when I was 6' 4". Unfortunately, all I got for my trouble was a chafe around my ankle and a fitful night's sleep. I was not able to grow any taller but I learned what does not work and sometimes that is the most valuable lesson of all.