Freebirds, or I Don't Know Why an Uncaged Bird Sings


 I have briefly mentioned our clothing optional neighbors, but we were basically all prepubescent so having some naked women cavorting in the next camp over meant nothing to us, except we did think it was really funny. Our parents were very concerned that we were going to sneak a peak and become corrupted so they were very careful to make sure only they got a good look. When we were driving into our camp I was sitting in the cab of our camper with my dad and he took a good look at a topless lady as we drove past and only remarked that she was going to get burned. One day when we were heading out to do some water weenie-ing my cousin Blake and I were riding on the toy when my dad pulled us right past a lady so tan and so old that her nudity was most disturbing. She looked like an old leather shoe that has been chewed on by a mischievous puppy. She was also so hirsute that from a distance it appeared she was wearing a bikini bottom and maybe smuggling a few squirrels under her arms. This is when I realized that the fantasy of nudism is much better that the reality. I am sure she was feeling free and easy and reveling in the knowledge that she would have no tan lines. 
Oh, yeah, old lady don't take it off, don't take it all off.
Like this but not so hot and naked in a silver float tube. 
We were just horrified. My brother and cousin happened upon another nudest while out paddling the canoe and both were accused of trying to manufacture the encounter. Which would have been odd if a couple of 9-year-olds would have even been interested, which they weren't, but their protestations of prior ignorance were ignored. This may have been reaction formation on the part of my cousin's step-dad who more than once was observed with binoculars reconnoitering the naturalist position. Most likely in the most chaste manner, purely to make sure of their exact state of undress and location so that we were spared the contact. God bless that selfless man.