Near Beer Makes Me Puke

Near Puke, some nasty stuff here.

The fort was a launching point for a lot of mischief. One day my sister and her friend Brandy stole a can of 'Near Beer'  from the grocery store and brought it to the fort to give it a try. I spent my childhood trying to be accepted and liked by my sister and her cute friends so I was susceptible to their peer pressure. I was elected to take the first drink I gave it a shot. I did, and I threw up because it tasted like warm, bitter,  rotten barley. Which is what beer is supposed to taste like. It is an acquired taste they say but the taste was not acquired that day, or as it happened, ever. 
My sister and Brandy laughed and made fun of me, I pretended to need to go inside for something and cried. I wanted so badly to be cool and for them to like me and nothing seemed to work.