Bike Cart and Head Trauma

My Sister and I in '82, I am the boy.

My most vivid memory about that house was a plywood bike cart that my dad built. It was about four foot square with little benches to sit on and some rails to keep us in. It could hold all three of the kids and our dog. My dad or mom would hook up the cart to their bike and tow us to the park across town or to visit my Other Mother and Papa. It was amazing.

The other really vivid memory from living there was falling out of our Volkswagen van. We had a mailbox on the road side of the property several hundred feet from our trailer. It was the best treat of all to reach out and grab the mail from the box and we had to set up a turn system to make it fair. When it was my turn my mom had parked a little too far from the box and as I reached I overbalanced and fell out of the van window and strait onto my head. My head hit a rock and split wide open so I was rushed to the hospital to get some stitches  The ordeal left a scar which is still visible on my  hair line. This was not the last time I would require medical attention to my head for an accident at this house.