The Lock Me on the Roof Game


This is not safe

On Sundays we would go to church at the chapel that was a few blocks from our house. I remember when I was six thinking my Sunday school teacher was the most beautiful woman in the world. She had one big smooth hair sprayed curl made from her bangs while the rest of her hair was pulled back tight to her skull in a pony tail. I loved the neatness of it and how pretty and nice she looked.

The chapel where we went to church was an old building that was added onto many times and some windows in the older sections overlooked newer parts of the building. Once my friend Jordan talked me into climbing out on the flat roof of an add-on building through the window while the teacher was out of the room. When she came back in she told him to close the window. He didn't want to get in trouble so he panicked, closed and locked it and didn't tell her I was out on the roof. They left the class a few moments later so no one heard me knocking on the window to be let in and off the roof. After twenty minutes or so they noticed I was not with the group and came looking for me. They found me wailing outside on the roof. Jordan never told them where I was.