Try Try Again


 I was still in the hunt for a little female companionship and only needed a few quick week to shake off the accusation a 'scamming pretty hard'. I decided to give the younger ladies a pass for a bit because the pure whit attraction of my recently pubescent self was to much for them to take lightly they all, all one of them, ha fallen too hard and tried to go me down for a long haul. If one were to take this data point and extrapolate it out to a general trend one must assume that all girls younger then myself were crazy commitment freaks. Just simple math, just one inevitable conclusion, steer clear or die the slow death of marriage. No thanks. The problem I was having was that my unfathomably pure sex appeal was not really working on the girls a year or three older than me. The same charm that had blown the doors off of the more wise and sophisticated girls a year younger then me was not working on the more sheltered and naive women with a few more miles on them. Curious. I decided to focus in on one girl to see if I could seal the deal and to that end I started stalking her a little. Any fan of Rom-coms knows that the surest way to a woman's heart is with a little light creeping. I found out where she was usually at in different times of the day and started coincidentally being there and then for a quick chat. She was really nice and like many fledgling lovers I mistook schoolgirl congeniality for attraction. I knew soon that I should have done a little research into more than her schedule, into topics like whether she currently had a boyfriend for example. Pro-tip: this is a good thing to know about any girl you want to date. A friend and I went to a school dance she was attending and I asked her to dance six or so times thinking I was getting ready to close the deal but after each dance she thanked me and went back to hang out with her friends. Anyone who was not absolutely socially inept would have sensed trouble, but not I and that night I decided to go ahead and follow the Rom-com playbook to phase two and make a grand gesture. Spoiler alert - Rom-coms are works of fiction and are not full of good ideas for real world romance, unless you like being humiliated then by all means carry on. I know I did.