A Clever Girl, and Her Audience


 Luckily, or unluckily depending on which rubric one uses to asses the relative benefits and repercussions of our brief fling ours was a fleeting attraction that could withstand a little ersatz brother cock-blocking. Block on Rob, block on. She had me looked up and called by the next mid-morning and invited me out on a date to the local, to her, movies. There was one movie theater in the ten or so small towns around so if you wanted to see a movie without driving 30 minutes you went there and saw what they wanted you to see. One screen, two showings and no frills because, where else are you gonna go? I had a dilemma because I was in high school but I still couldn't drive and there is nothing less cool than riding a Schwinn 6 miles to a date. I had to get a ride without getting some nosy tag along so I came up with a fanciful tale of meeting up with some guy and only guy friends in the next town over for a little not-doing-anything-naughty. It too some talking and sucking up but soon the deal was struck and my mom was taking me to go see Jurassic Park and, on the sly, a certain young lady. I arrived got out and fake met up with some friends to throw my mom off the trail she bit and drove off planning to come back much later to pick me up across town, which in a town that size was not very far. I had been under the impression that this was going to be a one on one kind of date but when I found the girl she was there with two girl friends and one of their boyfriends. No matter, keep it cool and see what happens. We went in and found a nice dark back corner with me in the corner my date next and then her friends. I was working up the nerve to make a move when she grabbed my hand put it around her neck and snuggled up elbow deep with my hand held in both of hers on her collar bone. This is a good trick for a girl to know in that it removes all of the anxiety from the situation and lets the guy off the hook. We were about to the part where for some reason a mathematician, well versed in chaos theory, was going to study a perfectly under control situation on an island. When she nuzzled in for a kiss which landed on my chin and then she started going to work. I had been hoping for a kiss or something at some point but this amount of unbridled passion had me a little unnerved and embarrassed. I was trying to fend her off and also fend her on in a delicate pas-de-bisous that I was trying to keep under control. Her friends were obviously interested because every time I looked over they were giving knowing glances and giggles. The movie was really long it seemed like and this girl was becoming dissatisfied with some basic kissing and wanted to move onto a little more advanced stuff which I was definitely not doing with a gaggle of onlookers looking on. I told her I was needing a quick break to go potty and made an escape. I didn't go to the bathroom but I did spend a little time in the back hall looking at a mural of the towns history that was there. I ventured back in when the time was going to start to seem suspicious retook my seat and watched the end of the movie with no more heavy making out. It was disappointing just like every time I see that movie, I keep hoping they may have edited in an alternate ending where that stupid blonde girl is ripped to shreds.