Pursuing Younger Women


 I had discovered that when I moved up to the high school that the girls my age were less available because they were being monopolized by the older boys who were looking for younger and dumber women. Well, that was fine because it opened up two fruitful fields for a resourceful young man on the make-out scavenger hunt, older women and younger women. The magic there was that the girls at my school rarely if ever had vertical connections of more than a year or so, meaning if I just pursued a girl three years older than the other one I was interested in I could try for both without getting into that whole , 'why are you trying to date us both?' unpleasantness. To that end I started working on some senior girls and some girls in ninth grade which in our school system was technically in high school but went to the junior high still which added another layer of protection for my scandal. There was a girl I met at an all ages dance who was clearly attracted to me and while if I was to judge her beauty solely off of looks I would have said 6 maybe 7, when one factored in her very good taste in men she started nudging up there to the 8-9 range. She asked me to dance a couple of times and made clear through her dance proximity that she was not shy about physical contact and was maybe encouraging it. Did I say 8-9? Well, I was starting to find this young woman irresistible - lets say, for those keeping score, 9 pushing 10. The dance, which was held on a tennis court was starting to thin out as curfews and rides for all of the respectable people started arriving. The dance was down to the final 20 people or so which made my new lady friend even more bold and she started leaning up against me in non-dance situations and putting her hands around my waist in a side hug with her under my arm. Right about the time I was thinking of making my make-out sequestering move my ride showed up. Rob, Rob, Rob, robbed. He was cranky and in a hurry and was not interested in waiting for me to make my move so I got the girl’s phone number and got in the car with our pseudo-brother and lamented my timing and his as I imagined what could have been on the short ride back to Santaquin.