Doop Doop Doop Splash.


 There was a kid named Scott that was a little awkward, tall and gangly and a little prone to accidents so naturally I helped point that out to comedic effect. One time when we were out fishing on the beach he came running down the shore, probably to tell us to come to a meeting or for lunch or something and while he was running towards us I started making a funny sound like 'doop, doop, doop' in time with his goofy bouncy run. Like he was working with me on the joke he tripped stumbled towards the water and fell in. I went, 'Doop, doop, doop, doop, wahh, wahh,wahh splash'. I was killing with the five or six boys on the bank with me. Scott got up out of the water and came over and told us his message along with an explanation of why he fell in the water. He said that there was something in the sand that made him trip and fall. I in all honesty had no malice towards Scott I was just trying to be funny but the timing and the joke worked out so well that the other boys started saying, 'doop, doop' whenever Scott was running. This went on for at least a year maybe longer and Scott rightly blamed me for it and was not really happy about it. As a kid who was the brunt of a lot of bullying when I was younger I felt terrible about having started the joke because unlike some of my other targets who I did want to punish in a passive aggressive funny way Scott was just a goofy dude who was basically alright guy. I never did the 'doop, doop' myself ever again but I did accidentally start another joke at his expense a few years later. I guess I am just not really good at knowing when to shut up and when jokes are not funny anymore.