Christy Has a Boyfriend


 After not being in the same school with my sister for a year we were reunited but this time things were different. She had a boy friend, a really cool boyfriend. She was a lot less influential at this point in my life so I was not so very tied up in her opinions and her assessments of me. I was, however, madly in love with my sister's boyfriend's little sister so I was always up for a little doing whatever they were on the off chance that we may get to hang out with my crush. Her boyfriend was friends with all the coolest kids who had all the coolest things and did all the coolest stuff and that was not just my opinion that was an objective fact. Do cool people go to concerts? Flip yeah. Do cool people know about out of the way cool restaurants? Heck yes they do. Do cool people mountain bike across the western United States. Yes, yes they do that is what makes them cool is they do stuff no one else does and then they don't play it up like it is no big deal. They had funny inside jokes and nicknames for each other and were really nice to boot. Dang, I am still jealous of how cool they were, and as it happens, are. They were always more than willing to let me tag along and do cool stuff with them and they never treated me like I was unwanted. I think I probably ended up liking my sister's boyfriend's clique more than I liked her.