Peeing Outside


I mentioned that the bathroom and the outdoors were roughly equidistant it is actually the fact that most time the outdoor was slightly further. Well, worth the trip I would say. Sometimes when my brother and I were playing in the house and we had waited until the very last moment as kids sometimes do we would run past the bathroom and to the laundry room and out to the back door to let loose in nature. Some women, and inexplicably some men even, don't understand why a person would pass up a perfectly good bathroom to pee outside. To that I scoff, derisively. To a individual properly equipped there is no more liberating feeling then to stand in the great outdoors and commune with nature, pants down and ever mindful of the wind. My mom was not so big a fan of the practice and tried many times to clampdown on the method. She felt, and there is no accounting for how some people were raised, that it gave people the idea that we were not civilized. It is only the pervasive fear of arrest that keeps me from doing it more as an adult, so whatever lesson my mom was trying to teach wasn't learned.