Battle Shipping and Sub-Marines

After the trip when we were driving back we were basically in the get home quick mode but we did stop in Mississippi to tour a battleship and a submarine. I was totally enraptured with all kinds of martial technology at the time so it was a great stop for me. My sisters and brother did not seem to share my enthusiasm and after we had toured the battle ship they were ready to go but I insisted we check out the sub. I was fascinated by the  size of the battleship and its impressive guns but I fell right in love with the submarine. It was so technological and sleek, everything was as cool as it could possible be the controls the engines the periscope which really looked like they do in the movies. It was awesome. I was not impressed by the lack of privacy and the tiny bathrooms but I loved how everything was exactly placed and intricately integrated. I spent the next two days of our ride home drawing submarines and designing one of my own. It turned out that I may have not fully grasped the difficulty of the technological challenges the fine engineers of the military sub had overcome but the seed was planted and it was sub or die. I almost got my wish but that is a story for another day.