Disney Land is Empty


We drove down to Orlando check out Disney World which is not usually my dad's scene because he has a lot of hate in his heart about places that are full of people. To avoid the crush we were going to go in the middle of winter in the middle of the week and to cap our trifecta is was raining just a little bit. We pulled up and there was no one in line the parking lots had maybe 200 cars in them and it looked like a ghost town. So we run up got in and there was almost no one inside either. We ran to the first ride we could see which was a stupid spaceship simulator so we pressed on. The next ride was Space Mountain and that was much muchly better and there was no one in line there either so when we rode they had taken down all of the barricades and we could just run right back and ride again. This free for all lasted until about noon when we had ridden almost everything in the park including The Pirates of the Caribbean and It's a Small World. They were terrible but at least we didn't have to wait in line. In all honesty I think Johnny Depp deserves even more credit then he got for his depiction of Captain Jack Sparrow because that ride really is dreadfully boring. When I say we all rode the rides I mean my older sister my brother and I because my little sister was too small and my mom had too watch her all day. There were a couple they could ride like the magic tea cup or some low-rent carnival refugee ride. We had an awesome time and by the time the crowds really started filling in in the late afternoon we had our fill and were ready to go. I mistakenly thought that was what Disney Land was like for everyone. After talking to many people though it turns out we were the luckiest kids on earth. It is interesting to me though how many people sugesst getting on more of the crappy rides by fraud. I have had dozens of people suggest either faking an injury so I would get to move up in the line or take a mentally handicapped person with me to skip up in the line. I would be happy if someone wanted to take a legitimately handicapped person to Disney Land for the joy of it but to butt in line strikes me as dishearteningly cynical. I have been back as an adult and I think that it is the single most overrated thing in the whole of existence, how's that for cynical?