Then Justin Will Have to Do

Quick, I need my best friend or a relative of his to sleep in this thing .

 Mark had a younger brother who was a bout a year older than me and while we were never hostile towards each other we never really clicked either. We had such vastly different interests and personalities that we could never get a friendship off the ground. When I turned 11 I took my birthday money to the Army Surplus store and bought an orange pup tent that smelled foul and was a pain to assemble but I loved it dearly. I went home and put it up and discovered that the 'two man' descriptor may have been a bit generous, even 'two boy' may have been pushing the boundaries of truth in advertizing. To be fair there are all kinds of sizes of men and this tent may have been sized in a region where great warriors are only 4' 11”; I am speaking, of course, of France. I brought out my sleeping bag and got a fire pit ready and then ran over to see if Mark wanted to come and see my tent. He had the nerve to not even be home, not even a little bit. I was so very excited that I asked in Justin could sleep over in stead he decided to and his parents said it was okay so he loaded up a sleeping bag and walk across the street with me. When we got to my house we went in to get some snacks and other provender and my mom sleuthed out that the boy with me was in fact not Mark but Justin and asked why he was over. I told he the situation and she protested that Justin was not my friend. I lied that he was kind of my friend and that since Mark was gone and a tent needed some breaking in that this beggar was not going to choose and Justin was just going to have to do. We had this conversation with Justin standing awkwardly near the door holding a wadded up sleeping bag. We ended up getting out there and having a pretty good time telling the same old jokes and telling some possibly exaggerated stories. Justin went home in the morning and even though we went to the same Junior high and High school we never did anything together, actually we barely even acknowledged each other in the halls at school. I guess it's like they say one night as a replacement best friend does not a bosom buddy make. You know? Sometimes the most made up at the spur of the moment aphorisms are the most applicable.