I am not good at Bas-Relief

I want it to look just like this. I need some dangerous stuff.

I am prone to pursuing unrealistically ambitious ideas that pique my interest. When I was 12 we went to the state fair and I saw some pumpkins that were beautifully carved in bas-relief. Some great artists had done some amazing work rendering people and scenes into the flesh of their vegetables and I wanted in on that glory. It was almost Halloween anyway so when we got home I set about securing my pumpkin canvas upon which I would carve my immortal masterpiece. I went and bought a fairly large pumpkin from one of our neighbors and then got all of my most sharp and dangerous tools to render my work with. I had all of this set out on the kitchen table because that is where all of the juicy projects happened in the house. While I started to carve and realize that bas-relief carving was probably harder than drawing, a skill at which I am crap. I tried a couple of starts but was mostly just getting frustrated and depressed when my little brother, ten years by junior and therefore a little toddler wandered in to help. He was nosing around and picking stuff up and I had told him not to several times. 
One of these bad boys right here.

While I was trying one more time to get started on a beautiful object d'art he picked up one of those orange utility razors and in one quick motion slid the blade all the way out and then instantly drew it across the palm of his hand cutting himself to the bone. My mom rushed him to the hospital where he had to get several stitches to close up the gaping wound in his hand. Somehow, my mom and dad felt that my little brother, their charge and responsibility, had his hand badly cut by reason of some sort of negligence on my part. I got into big trouble, never got to finish my nascent masterpiece and had to chip in on the hospital bill to boot. It turns out I was my brothers keeper and I didn't do that good of a job.