The Cool Cousins


 There were some cool kids who had to be our friends no matter how lame we were and that was our very cool, athletic, good looking and rich cousins. All of their names start with a 'B' which would be cute if there were two or three but there are nine. Blake, Brooke,Brent, Bradley, Britney, Bridger, Bennett, Branson and Bailey (nick-named Bo-bo's). There were only the first three for a long time until my cousin, their mother, got married and added the other six with her second husband. Blake was a year older than me but we were good friends and Brooke was my age but she was a girl so virtually invisible as far as I was concerned. Brent was a year younger than me and was mostly Matt's friend. We would see them at all of the family parties for life events and holidays but usually once a year my mom and dad would go on a long trip and instead of leaving us with psychopaths we would stay with our cousins instead. It was awesome they had good toys that we had free run of, they had video games that they shared freely, they had great food it was perfect. By great food I mean that they had cheese we could eat and they had cereal, sugar cereal. We would have sugar cereal on occasion but it was usually only on the weekend and then it was the cheapest huge bag of Sugar Smacks knockoff cereal. At their house they had a couple of name brand cereal choices that we could just choose and then pour a bowl and eat it and then if we wanted a second bowl, now this was really awesome, we could just have one. We played in the common areas of their condo and their cool friend had to play with us. It was so much fun that I looked forward to it all of the time and loved any chance I had to go play at their house.