Saturday Morning Cartoons


Even when it wasn't good, it was good.
Saturdays I would wake up super early to start on the cartoons when they first started in the morning which was around six. I would power through the entire Saturday morning cartoon block, girl cartoons included. I would still be vegging out as the cartoons got worse and worse and then faded into the dregs of Saturday afternoon infomercials. Then my dad or mom would come in and startle me out of my stupor by asking, “What the hell are you still doing watching TV?”
To be honest, I would not know. I was mostly numb but felt a deep desire to own a salad shooter. I felt like that would make my life better, but I was waiting because there was more. They would send me outside for some child abuse like weeding the garden or picking up garbage.