Sweet, Sweet TANG


As I mentioned, it was really boring in the house in Colorado. We had to fill the time while we waited for my grandpa, nicknamed grandpa quack because sometimes would not talk to us when he got home just quack like a duck. When he got back from work to turn on his computer, which we couldn't play with while he was gone, everything smoothed out for the evening but in the mean times we were left to our own devices. We couldn't go into any of my aunt's rooms and mess with their stuff, I didn't really want to anyway, it was all posters and makeup, and hair dryers. The only reading material was old military history books that were mostly about the history of the Air Force and one I remember was specifically about the B-52 bomber. Sitting there during the times that we had to stay home and wait was awful. My great-grandma actually lived in the basement of my grandpa's house, and one year my brother and I went down there and into her kitchen and we found a really huge tub of Tang, that drink mix the astronauts took to the moon. I think at this point in my life I'd rather just drink water honestly, but then it was the only sweet thing in the whole house. The rest off the food in the house was for grown ups horrible, torturous and abusive vegetables and fruit and Grape-nuts, and stuff. We found that Tang and would go down and take the full measuring scoop and pour that whole thing into our mouths dry and wait for the saliva to percolate it. It was an intense sugar rush that had us coming back for more and more and more until my great-grandma realized we had stolen her whole stash and ratted us out. My mom and grandpa yelled at us and we had to apologize and the Tang bandits were put out of business.