The Grandma Loophole Gift is Mine

Fine if you don't want Battle Action Skeletor I Guess I'll keep him.

Growing up my parents always had us buy my grandma 'Other Mother' presents. She invariably took the present, thanked me for it, gave me a hug, and set it off to the side and never used it. This broke my heart every time I put any effort into choosing her something nice but tastefully within my price range. 


Around eight or nine years old I discovered that if she wasn't going to use the present what I could do is buy her something that I wanted. Then when she said thank-you and set it aside without looking at it I would bide my time and I would collect my gift. I figured if she can't appreciate a He-Man doll for what it's worth, I would go ahead and take it back. After that, I always kept the Other Mother loophole near and dear to my heart. Every time I was buying her presents I would try to keep it subtle, but I bought her a couple Gi-Joes some Legos, and a remote controlled airplane. On a couple of those I  got a lot more use out of them then she would have herself, quite honestly.