Fake, Nasty, Pot Pie

Hmmm, yeah that would be tasty, but that's not it. 

A big treat in our family was a little concoction known as 'PotPie'. I know you are most likely thinking pot pie is a tasty mix of chicken and vegetables and some gravy in a delicious pie crust. Well, if you were thinking that you would be exactly wrong. Of course, that's what everybody else in the entire world thinks pot pie is but for some reason not in our house. 
For birthdays and other special occasions, my mom would make some cream-of-wheat which is not a bad hot cereal. Then she would desecrate it. First she mixed in some eggs and then deliver a glop of the mess onto a plate where they would spread it thin. It was at that point that they added butter and covered the whole thing in a deluge of cinnamon sugar. 
Why did my mother and siblings veer off into the realm of culinary abomination? Either they really liked it or where pulling off an intricate  and elaborate prank at my expense. Even more disgusting was that some of my siblings liked to let it cool and congeal into a rubbery plateau and eat eggy-sugary slices cut out like pizza. 
If I knew that this silliness was about to go on I would rush in and get a regular bowl of untainted cream-of-wheat to eat with milk and sugar as God intended. Potpie was a big treat for quite a few years but to be honest I have not seen it in about a decade and good riddance is what I say.